Thursday, October 11, 2012

This picture is 3 weeks out from my last competition. As you can see my legs have come in. For bikini I may be too lean, it just depends on the judging, sometimes they like a softer look, sometimes I can get away with being more lean.  I have pretty muscular legs for a small person. With this particular competition I was also going to compete in Novice Figure for my first time so I wanted a harder look. I still had 3 weeks of diet and prep to go to get leaner but the key is to take pictures every week to access how you are doing.  There is nothing like a picture to open your eyes to how you truly look.  I don't pay a lot of attention to the scale but I always have a # in my head of what I want to hit and I always hit that number.

I have decided not to compete again this year and to take the much needed time off from the contest dieting to spend with my family and to really get back in touch with being good to myself.  I don't want to be a slave to the scale and feel like I can't eat normally unless I'm training for a show.  My goal is to be healthy and feel good about myself, contest or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment