Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Closet Project

Scarlett's Closet Before:


Scarlett's Closet After:


The great thing about doing this closet, I had everything around my house! Except for the three flowerpots (I plan on painting an S and O and an S on each one).  I am also going to replace the baskets on the top shelf with more colorful baskets that are the same size - those should be here by Friday, they are closetmaid from Amazon.

This project only took me 45 mins.  Once I emptied everything out of the closet, I made the following piles:
Keep
Donate
Recycle
Trash

Then I moved my bookcase back in and started sorting the books and putting them back, then the shoe caddy and the baskets up top.  Her clothes were already organized (I try to stay on top of that). The biggest task on this closet was what to throw away.  What I have learned is that you must get rid of everything immediately.  I take the trash & recycling directly to the bin, put the donation bag in my car and reorganize my "keeps" in a appealing way.

Blogs I have found extremely helpful are:

iheartorganizing
abowlfulloflemons
abfolbutton

theidearoom

All of these blogs are excellent and a great source of ideas & inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment