Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Organizing Project Update

It has been 2 weeks since I started my organizing project and I couldn't be happier! My life is seriously easier! In fact, I saved about $300 last week in groceries alone (because of my new organized refrigerator)! Now that is worth it right there.

So far I've completed my mudroom/laundry room and my kitchen.  What I've learned thus far is I'm pretty organized, I just have clutter.  So the biggest challenge for me is to purge.  I've done great these past two weeks.  I've donated, gone to Consignment and hit the dump. I love consignment because I make money there!  So here is my to do list for this coming week:

1st floor closet
Scarlett's closets
Rian's closet
Master BR Closet
Basement Gym Closet

If I can complete these I will be in very good shape! Today we are taking a family trip to Ikea, I can hardly wait! We have our shopping list and I am ready to see what awaits me - so excited!

Before our trip I have to make protein pumpkin pancakes for the family, go for my Hill Run, shower and then we are out the door.

Here are some updates from last weeks tasks:
 


 I added labels to each drawer in my fridge


 and on the sides of the fridge


 and on the doors

Here is my Spice Cabinet BEFORE:
and AFTER:
so much easier! I put my tea that used to be on the 2nd shelf on the 3rd shelf, added a two tier lazy susan (that was already there) to the 2nd shelf (I labeled each spot so I know what spices are what) and bought at Bed Bath & Beyond (with my 20% coupon) this awesome spice rack that hold 18 bottles.  I already had the 3 tier spice rack.  It's now much more functional and makes me happy when I'm cooking.

So when I get home from Ikea I'm going to figure out what to do with this hall closet.

On the top right there used to be games, but yesterday (before I took pictures) I moved the games to our LR table - emptied the whole thing out and put the games in, much more complete now - so I opened up some good space in the top of the closet.

Here is the problem the bottom of the closet! This is where we keep 3 vacuum cleaners! Well two vacuum and one steam cleaner.  I need to get rid of this stacked shoe rack.  I put it in yesterday for shoes but realized I don't need it for shoes b/c our shoes go in the mudroom, so I'll relocate it to Scarlett's closet when I get there this week.  What I'd like to do with this closet (after I make my huzb empty out his 500 coats) is make a two tier rod instead of having one long one. We will see what IKEA has to help me with this predicament.

 Something can also be done here, maybe an over the door organizer, we'll see what I find.





Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment